We are currently hiring a Part-Time Interior Designer (30 hours/week) to join our team. Reporting directly to the owner, you will be on the showroom floor and in client’s homes. The ideal candidate will be a key member of the team with the opportunity to use your experience to contribute to the overall success of the company. Competitive Wage, Benefits and a Flexible Schedule are offered.
- Support and maintain store sales
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service.
- Promote design services to our customers in order to elevate their shopping experience This may include In-Store Design consultations or In-Home Design consultations,
- Maintain awareness of all systems, products and resources while selling throughout the entire store
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, and teamwork.
- Build rapport with customers by demonstrating product knowledge and the use of strong interpersonal skills
- Develop new and lasting relationships with customers through prospecting and clienteling
- Focus on promoting sales by maintaining a strong, visible and positive presence on the sales floor.
- Develop, share and apply furniture product expertise by staying informed of the marketplace and industry trends.
- Communicate regularly, effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business contacts.
Assist in pricing, side duties such a waste removal, unpack new product
Must be able to lift 50lbs
Must be able to work 30 hours a week
What you’ll bring:
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to build/maintain a client base and provide creative furnishing solutions for customers’ needs
- 6+ months competitive sales or interior design service experience preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Interior Design degree or diploma required
- Experience with Lightspeed Retail as asset
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 30 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
As the successful candidate, you will be joining a locally owned company that is very well respected in its industry. Core values centered around customer service, adaptability and excellence have driven the success of the company for 20 years. You can expect to work in a supportive culture of teamwork, respect and where everyone is valued.